March 13, 2013

7 Things in Life


At times I struggle with life, how about you? I struggle as a husband, a father, and I question my own belief system at times. So what really matters in life? I thought a lot about my own life and wrote down some principles. I try to use these to guide everything I do. Yeah, I fall short, but I am trying. Here are a few to consider.


Make peace with your past so it won't screw up your present. 
God has forgiven you, forgive yourself and others. If you don’t, it will negatively affect how you view life and others around you. Everyday can be a new day for you. 

It's none of your business what others think of you.
Don’t bother worrying about it, if you do, it will cause you to be a people pleaser and that’s not how you should live your life. It will stifle your gifts and talents and creativity.

Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them.
Comparison brings nothing good into your life and judging others is also a waste of energy. You have no idea what their journey is all about or what they are facing. God accepts you. Love and accept others as best you can.

Stop thinking so damn much.
I have a terrible time with this one! I am always over analyzing everything! But I’m learning it's alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it. Enjoy the ride.

Make time for friends and family or else.
Or else some day you will wake up and realize they are gone! Life is short. Life is busy. Kids grow up fast. Life gets out of control too quickly. Make time this week to be with a loved one or old friend. You’ll be richer for it.

You don't own all the problems in the world.
Although you may feel that way at times it is not true. Keep things in perspective and smile. Take some time each day and mix things up. Do something different even if it’s only for a few minutes. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.

Be Grateful
Grateful people report higher levels of positive emotions, life satisfaction, vitality, optimism and lower levels of depression and stress. Practice gratitude, it will make life better!

Anything you would add? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: